Over the past week, we’ve been fielding questions from our community about the potential teacher strike at Columbus City Schools.
We want to confirm to our families that our school will not be affected by the strike. As a public charter school, we operate independently from public school districts.
We will begin the school year in-person as planned on Wednesday 8/17. For information about the new school year (calendar, supply lists, dress code, etc), visit our Parent Resources page.
Building a strong academic foundation from the start. Begin your journey with us.
Students must turn five years old before October 1st to apply. Save your seat today!
This location is participating in the Seamless Summer Option Program. Lunch will be provided to all children, age 1 through 18, and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
Please contact the school for serving dates and times.
We have great news for our Panther Families! As we emerge from our distance challenge caused by this current pandemic, we’ve received the GREEN LIGHT to move forward with our community initiatives.
- This Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 10am-1pm, Eastland will host a Food Donation Drive. We have 200+ food boxes to distribute full of essential items such as vegetables, potatoes, and more!
- This Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 11:30am-12:30pm, Spring Track and Field Parent Informational Meeting
- GAME Truck—March 31st for ALL students that are successfully REENROLLED at Eastland Preparatory Academy/Eastland High.
Stay tuned for Additional activities for our Panther Families:
- Spring Track and Field
- Poetry Slam
- Spelling Bee
- Upcoming Student Success Store and Recycling Program
Comunidad de Eastland Prep
¡¡Próximos eventos de alcance !!
¡Tenemos buenas noticias para nuestras familias Panther! A medida que salimos de nuestro desafío a distancia causado por esta pandemia actual, hemos recibido la LUZ VERDE para seguir adelante con nuestras iniciativas comunitarias.
• Este sábado 20 de marzo de 2021 de 10 am a 1 pm, Eastland organizará una campaña de donación de alimentos. ¡Tenemos más de 200 cajas de comida para distribuir llenas de artículos esenciales como verduras, papas y más!
• Este sábado 20 de marzo de 2021 de 11:30 a. M. A 12:30 p. M., Reunión informativa para padres de atletismo de primaverahis Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 11:30am-12:30pm, Spring Track and Field Parent Informational Meeting
• GAME Truck: 31 de marzo para TODOS los estudiantes que se REINSCRIBAN exitosamente en Eastland Preparatory Academy / Eastland High.
Manténgase atento a las actividades adicionales para nuestras familias Panther:
- Pista y campo de primavera
- Poesía Slam
- Concurso de ortografía
- Próxima tienda de éxito estudiantil y programa de reciclaje
We are happy to announce that our students will have multiple learning options for the 20-21 school year:
- Traditional In-person learning at the school building with added safety protocols and procedures.
- Online At-home learning supported by teachers, technology, and curriculum specifically built for online learning.
- Hybrid A mix of Traditional and Online learning with in-person and at-home components.
Over the coming weeks we will be releasing more detailed information. Please:
- Check your email, school website & Facebook page the Week of July 13 for further description of these models including logistical details like safety protocols, technology, and transportation.
- Plan to attend our upcoming Online 20-21 School Year Information Session—date and time will be announced soon!
- After attending the info session, please select the option for your student(s) by Friday, July 31st. Your student will be enrolled in the Traditional Cohort unless we hear a different selection from you by 7/31. To select your options, visit: www.accelschools.com/Fall2020
Thank you. We look forward to educating your student this school year!
Eastland Preparatory Academy students made more progress than expected as evidenced by Eastland Prep’s B Rating in the Progress Component of ODE’s most recent report card (2018-19). In fact, CHATA students learn more per school year than Ohio average.
We offer free breakfast and lunch to students through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), a federally-assisted meal program that provides nutritionally balanced, USDA-compliant meals to students each school day.
Dear ACCEL Staff & Community,
The horrific death of George Floyd coupled with other events that recently occurred in this country are heartbreaking. The video of his death is one of the most horrifying things we have seen in our lives. We grieve. We also acknowledge that many of our employees and students have experienced racism firsthand. This tragedy serves as a grim reminder that as a society, we still have a long way to go to stomp out racism. We want to make it clear that we are committed to fighting against racism and discrimination, and want to assure you that it has no place in our company or at our schools, and it will not be tolerated. We must strive to be inclusive in every way, and we will be planning professional development programs on this topic which will be delivered this summer to our entire school and corporate staff.
We also believe we have an obligation beyond what most companies have. We have consciously chosen to manage schools in some of the most disadvantaged areas of the country and the world. While many school operators avoid these areas, we seek them out. To our surprise and dismay, we are often asked why. The answer is simple. We want to help the children who need it most. Maria and I set out to do this when we founded the company and we have never wavered. If our company does not provide our most vulnerable students with a quality education, they may not have a chance at economic success. A society that does not give every child this chance is, by definition, unjust. The opportunity to succeed must exist regardless of a child’s skin color or economic situation. Unfortunately, far too many children do not have this opportunity.
As we all mourn the death of Mr. Floyd, let us look inward and outward to make sure we are inclusive in our work environments and in our schools. Let us also do our part to end the senseless racism that exists in our society, empower all our students with the belief that they can succeed in the world, and give our students the knowledge and skills they need. Most of all, let us hope and pray they will experience a society in their lifetime where these tragedies no longer occur, and human beings are judged as Dr. King hoped they would be judged someday: “by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.”
Great job students on a very successful academic year! Watch the video for messages from all of us. Have a great summer. We will miss you!
- Eastland Preparatory Academy Not Affected by Teacher Strike
- Kindergarten Registration Now Open for Fall 2022!
- Seamless Summer Option Program
- Community Outreach Upcoming Events! | ¡¡Próximos eventos de alcance !!
- 20-21 Learning Options for Students
- B-Rated in Progress
- Free School Meals
- Statement Regarding the Death of George Floyd
- Congratulations Students!
- All Teachers Properly Certified & Licensed