Photo of our 8th grade African American Studies groups celebrating their birthdays recently!
Build a strong academic foundation from the start. Begin your education journey with us and save your student’s seat today!
Improvements are Coming to Columbus City Schools’ Yellow Bus Transportation Service and Reliability.
Starting January 4th, your child’s bus route will likely change, with a new driver, new pick-up and drop-off times, or a new bus stop location. Over the next month, please watch your mail and email for the new route information.
Our Transportation team is currently completing all of the new bus routes and schedules. In the coming weeks, you should receive information in the mail with the new bus route and schedule.
Updates will also be sent to parents through email and text messaging. That’s why it’s important that you make sure your contact information is up-to-date at your child’s school. We need your email and phone number, including a cell phone number for text messages.
Information is also being shared with the principal/administrator at your child’s school. Please reach out to the school for more details. More updates will be coming in the weeks ahead.
You can also read more about our Transportation Reliability Improvement Measures on the Columbus City Schools website at ccsoh.us/transportation.
We know families at many of our city’s Charter and Non-Public Schools have been impacted by this year’s unprecedented transportation challenges. We look forward to working collaboratively with you and your child’s school so we can be better partners in reliably busing all of our city’s students safely to school and back home each day.
Columbus City Schools Transportation
The Local Wellness Policy is a written document that guides a local educational agency’s (LEA) or school district’s efforts to establish a school environment that promotes students’ health, well-being, and ability to learn. The Wellness Policy Committee has been created as an effort to manage and develop our school’s healthy habits.
» A Wellness Committee will be appointed to each school
» The committee may include parents and guardians, students, representatives of the school nutrition program, physical education teachers, or any other interested stakeholder that is aligned with the goals of the policy
» The committee shall meet a minimum of four times per year
This is a great opportunity to help promote and support student health and wellness, and create a positive, safe, and health-promoting learning environment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We want to hear from you. Please contact us at: email@example.com
We are excited to be recognized by the Ohio Department of Education with three stars for Progress!
Over the past week, we’ve been fielding questions from our community about the potential teacher strike at Columbus City Schools.
We want to confirm to our families that our school will not be affected by the strike. As a public charter school, we operate independently from public school districts.
We will begin the school year in-person as planned on Wednesday 8/17. For information about the new school year (calendar, supply lists, dress code, etc), visit our Parent Resources page.
This location is participating in the Seamless Summer Option Program. Lunch will be provided to all children, age 1 through 18, and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
Please contact the school for serving dates and times.
We have great news for our Panther Families! As we emerge from our distance challenge caused by this current pandemic, we’ve received the GREEN LIGHT to move forward with our community initiatives.
- This Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 10am-1pm, Eastland will host a Food Donation Drive. We have 200+ food boxes to distribute full of essential items such as vegetables, potatoes, and more!
- This Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 11:30am-12:30pm, Spring Track and Field Parent Informational Meeting
- GAME Truck—March 31st for ALL students that are successfully REENROLLED at Eastland Preparatory Academy/Eastland High.
Stay tuned for Additional activities for our Panther Families:
- Spring Track and Field
- Poetry Slam
- Spelling Bee
- Upcoming Student Success Store and Recycling Program
Comunidad de Eastland Prep
¡¡Próximos eventos de alcance !!
¡Tenemos buenas noticias para nuestras familias Panther! A medida que salimos de nuestro desafío a distancia causado por esta pandemia actual, hemos recibido la LUZ VERDE para seguir adelante con nuestras iniciativas comunitarias.
• Este sábado 20 de marzo de 2021 de 10 am a 1 pm, Eastland organizará una campaña de donación de alimentos. ¡Tenemos más de 200 cajas de comida para distribuir llenas de artículos esenciales como verduras, papas y más!
• Este sábado 20 de marzo de 2021 de 11:30 a. M. A 12:30 p. M., Reunión informativa para padres de atletismo de primaverahis Saturday, March 20, 2021 from 11:30am-12:30pm, Spring Track and Field Parent Informational Meeting
• GAME Truck: 31 de marzo para TODOS los estudiantes que se REINSCRIBAN exitosamente en Eastland Preparatory Academy / Eastland High.
Manténgase atento a las actividades adicionales para nuestras familias Panther:
- Pista y campo de primavera
- Poesía Slam
- Concurso de ortografía
- Próxima tienda de éxito estudiantil y programa de reciclaje
We are happy to announce that our students will have multiple learning options for the 20-21 school year:
- Traditional In-person learning at the school building with added safety protocols and procedures.
- Online At-home learning supported by teachers, technology, and curriculum specifically built for online learning.
- Hybrid A mix of Traditional and Online learning with in-person and at-home components.
Over the coming weeks we will be releasing more detailed information. Please:
- Check your email, school website & Facebook page the Week of July 13 for further description of these models including logistical details like safety protocols, technology, and transportation.
- Plan to attend our upcoming Online 20-21 School Year Information Session—date and time will be announced soon!
- After attending the info session, please select the option for your student(s) by Friday, July 31st. Your student will be enrolled in the Traditional Cohort unless we hear a different selection from you by 7/31. To select your options, visit: www.accelschools.com/Fall2020
Thank you. We look forward to educating your student this school year!
Eastland Preparatory Academy students made more progress than expected as evidenced by Eastland Prep’s B Rating in the Progress Component of ODE’s most recent report card (2018-19). In fact, CHATA students learn more per school year than Ohio average.
- Kindergarten Registration Now Open for Fall 2023!
- Bus Routes Are Changing After Winter Break
- Join the Wellness Committee!
- Congratulations Eastland Prep Academy!
- Eastland Preparatory Academy Not Affected by Teacher Strike
- Seamless Summer Option Program
- Community Outreach Upcoming Events! | ¡¡Próximos eventos de alcance !!
- 20-21 Learning Options for Students
- B-Rated in Progress
- Free School Meals